UNU-IAS will contribute to an online symposium during the UN Weeks at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan. Engaging experts from public and private sectors, the session will explore the relationship between the SDGs and environmental sustainability at different stages of the global value chain, including food production, product development, sales, and distribution. The event will be organised by Sophia University and Global Compact Network Japan with the support of the UNU-IAS and the Global Environment Outreach Centre (GEOC).
To participate online, please register in advance.
Please note that participants in UNU events may appear in photography, screen captures, videos, and/or audio. For further information please refer to Events.
This event will be held in Japanese and English with simultaneous interpretation provided.
- Masachika Suzuki (Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Sophia University)
- Eric Ponthieu (Strategy Director at Fair Trade Advocacy Office; Adjunct Professor at Bologna and Firenze Universities; Former Head of Unit at the European Economic and Social Committee of the EU): The EU’s Pathway to Decarbonise the Entire Food System: i.e. The Farm to Fork Strategy
- Akio Takemoto (Head of Programme and Administration, UNU-IAS)
- Mariko Kawaguchi (ESG Advisor, Fuji Oil Holdings; Specially Appointed Professor, Rikkyo University Graduate School of Social Design Studies)
- Junko Yabuno (Senior Manager, Sustainability Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd.)
- Hiroyuki Morita (General Manager of Group Procurement, Division and Manager of Subcommittee on the Environment, CSR Committee, Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd.)
Moderator / Panelist:
- Masachika Suzuki
- Toshio Arima (Chairman of the Board, Global Compact Network Japan (GCNJ))
The event flyer is available here.
UNU-IAS at Sophia University UN Weeks 2023
UNU-IAS will also hold a session on equity and inclusion in transforming education.