The project focus will be placed on the following three areas:
- In the digital transition at the global, national, and local levels of governance;
- In the innovative technological solutions based on frontier, often disruptive, digital technologies, namely Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, for the construction, execution, monitoring, and evaluation of evidence-based and citizen-centred public policies at national, regional, and local scales;
- In effective ways of designing, planning, and monitoring the ecosystem of digital governance, at local and global strategic levels, for an effective/inclusive response to the specific needs and dynamics of people’s and communities’ lives while empowering democratic citizenship.
The project articulates, in a dynamic way, three basic dimensions:
- Fundamental and applied research in digital governance and the digital transformation of the State and Public Administration;
- Systematic translation of research findings into the design, analysis and evaluation of public policies;
- Institutional capacity building and networking reaching the relevant actors in both the public sector, administration, academy, and industry.
Through this synergetic approach, the project will give a decisive contribution for an internationally renowned research laboratory and think-tank on policy-driven electronic governance, becoming a source of authoritative EGOV research, policy advice, and education, and an effective bridge between EGOV research and policy located in the North Region of Portugal.
The INOV.EGOV project is structured in three main Research Lines (RL) articulating the three dimensions mentioned above. These are connected to a fourth line, orthogonal to the others, devoted to institutional capacity building and networking at an international level, whose significant impact is anticipated.
The project activities for each RL are detailed via the tabs at the top of this page.
The Research lines