Multi-stakeholder partnerships are an essential basis to accelerate social transformation for net-zero emissions and sustainable development. Sub-national actors have been playing a growing role in the global effort to address climate change. At the local level, many proactive practices have been emerging for multi-stakeholder partnerships to address social challenges and advance global agendas for climate and sustainable development.
This side event of the Climate & SDGs Synergy Conference will share good practices and explore challenges and opportunities for multi-stakeholder partnerships and youth empowerment to accelerate local action toward net-zero emissions and sustainable societies.
Participation and Registration
On-site registration has closed. To participate online, please click on this Zoom link.
Please note that participants in UNU events may appear in photography, screen captures, videos, and/or audio. For further information please refer to Events
This event will be held in English and Japanese, with simultaneous translation provided.
Moderator: Tsunao Watanabe (Senior Programme Coordinator, UNU-IAS)
10:30–10:35 Opening Remarks
- Shinobu Yume Yamaguchi (Director, UNU-IAS)
10:35–11:30 Presentations by Panellists
- Takashi Murayama (Kanazawa Mayor)
- Taizo Hayashi (President, Junior Chamber International Kanazawa)
- Aida Mammadova (Associate Professor, Kanazawa University)
- Pla-girls Team ((Hinata Murakami (Presenter), Urara Matsumoto, Momoka Kondo), Ehime University Senior High School)
- Xiaomeng Shen (Vice-Rector in Europe, UNU and Director, UNU-EHS)
- Kelly Takaya King (Council member, Maui County Council, Hawaii; ICLEI US [virtual])
- Omar Siddique (Cities and Climate Change Lead, Sustainable Urban Development Section, Environment and Development Division, UNESCAP [virtual])
11:30–12:00 Panel Discussion