On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of UN Bonn, the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) is organising a virtual panel discussion on creating innovative solutions to global crises and triggering the transformation towards an inclusive, equitable and sustainable future. Together with partners in the Bonn Alliance for Sustainability Research, the panel will bring together key thought leaders from research, government, and the UN to outline the framework for future-ready science-policy cooperation in and from Bonn.
The event will be on 3 September 2021, 15:00–17:00, Central European Summer Time (UTC+2)
- Katja Dörner, Lord Mayor of the City of Bonn
- Prof. Dr. h.c. Michael Hoch, Rector of the University of Bonn
- Prof. Dr Anna-Katharina Hornidge, Director of the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
- Prof. Dr Hartmut Ihne, President of the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS)
- Tina Birmpili, Deputy Executive Secretary, United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- Dr Youssef Nassef, Director of the Adaptation Division, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Dr Shen Xiaomeng, Vice-Rector in Europe of the United Nations University and Director of UNU-EHS
- Arianna Flores Corral, Communications Associate, UNU-EHS
For updates and registration details, visit the UNU-EHS website.