- UNU Publications
- Keizer Karelplein 19, 6211 TC Maastricht, The Netherlands
- +31(0)43 3884479
- Since 1995: (founding) international and managing editor of First Monday, a peer-reviewed journal covering Internet economics, law and technology.
- Since 1999: jury member, Global Bangemann Challenge (now Stockholm Challenge Award), a prestigious prize awarded to IT projects with socio-economic impact by the mayor of Stockholm.
- 1999: founder member of the GII Internet Commerce Brain Trust.
- 1995–1999: editor, The Indian Techonomist, analytical newsletter on Indian media and communications targeted at a global audience.
- 1996–1999: analyst/newsletter contributor, Indian communication and media markets for US-based Paul Kagan Associates
- 1994–1995: writer of a widely distributed weekly column on Internet society, Electric Dreams
- Since 1990: written widely, with over half a million words published in journals, newspapers and magazines worldwide, from PC Quest India to Wired Magazine, USA.
- 2000 onwards: initiated and led the FLOSS project and started a research focus on open source software
- 2008 onwards: heads the Collaborative Creativity Group at UNU-MERIT
- Ghosh, Rishab Aiyer, Glott, Rüdiger, Gerloff, Karsten, Schmidt, Jan Philipp, Aisola, Kamini and Boujraf, Abdelkrim (2007). Study on the effect on the development of the information society of European public bodies making their own software available as open source. N/A.
- Ghosh, Rishab Aiyer and Soete, Luc (2006). Information and intellectual property: The global challenges. UNU-MERIT.
- Ghosh, Rishab Aiyer and Schmidt, Jan Philipp (2006). Open Source and Open Standards: A New Frontier for Economic Development?. UNU-MERIT Policy Brief. United Nations University.
- Ghosh, Rishab Aiyer and Schmidt, Jan Philipp (2006). Open Source and Open Standards: A New Frontier for Economic Development?. UNU Policy Brief.