- Master of Arts (MA) in International Relations, St. John’s University, New York (USA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Turin (Italy)
- State of New York Certificate in International Law and Diplomacy, St. John’s University, New York (USA)
- Georgetown University, Certificate in International Business Regulations – Georgetown University Summer School Florence (Italy)
- Dec. 2018 – ongoing: Project Manager at UNU- ViE SCYCLE
- Nov. 2016 – to March 2018: Consultant at UNU-ViE SCYCLE
- Oct. 2016 – ongoing: Independent Consultant on Illicit Trade and Supply Chain Security
- Feb. 2009 – Sept. 2016: Program Coordinator, Emerging Crimes Unit, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
- Sept.2014- Sept. 2016: UNICRI Focal Point within the Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM) International Organizations’ Sub-Group
- Feb. 2009- until Sept 2016: UNICRI Focal Point within the United Nations Inter-Agency Group Against Trafficking In Persons (UN-ICAT)
- Apr. 2005- Dec.2014: UNICRI Focal Point for the United Nations Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme Network (PNI)
- Jan. 2005- Jan. 2009: Associate Expert (JPO), Emerging Crimes and Human Trafficking Unit, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
- Oct. 2001- Sept. 2004: Research Fellow, Human Trafficking Unit, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
Vittoria Luda di Cortemiglia has worked with the United Nations for the past seventeen years, fifteen of which as Program Coordinator of Emerging Crimes Unit of the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI). In 2016, she has joined UNU-ViE SCYCLE as a consultant and is involved in program management, research, and training on transnational waste crime, in particular in the framework of the projects DOTCOM Waste (https://dotcomproject.eu/) and WasteForce. Throughout these the years, she developed a multifaceted professional experience, combining policy and programme program planning and development, with research, analysis, and capacity- building expertise at the international level and in multilateral environments. Specifically, hHer experience specifically entails applied-research and analysis in the field of illicit trafficking, supply chain security, and sustainable development. She is also a lecturer and author or co-author of several publications on different criminal justice and supply chain security issues, including illegal waste trade and eco-crimes, human trafficking, illicit trafficking in precious metals, counterfeit medicines and pesticides, cybercrime, and misuse of technologies.
Vittoria Luda di Cortemiglia is a Law graduate at the University of Turin, and holds a mMaster’s degree (MA) in International Relationships and Diplomacy and the “State of New York Certificate of International Law and Diplomacy” at St. John’s University, New York, USA.