- Joint Master Degree in International Education Management (INEMA), Universities of Ludwigsburg (Germany) & Helwan (Egypt), 2015
- Professional Certificate Expert of New Learning Technology, Furtwangen University, Germany, 2009
- M.D. (Ph.D.) Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- M.Sc. Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (grade excellent with honor), Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2015-2018: Head of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL), Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2017-present (on leave): Professor of Histology & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2010-2014: e Learning Consultant, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) e Academy, Germany
- October-November 2014: Fellow at the Business & Market Development Team, Coursera, USA
- April-September 2014: Academic visitor/Sponsored researcher, Institute for Cardiovascular Sciences, Faculty of Medical & Human Sciences, The University of Manchester, UK
- October-November 2013: Intern at the Leadership Development Department, Academy of International Cooperation (AIZ), GIZ, Germany
- 2006-2015: Adjunct lecturer/Associate Professor & e Learning Consultant, Misr International University (MIU)
- 2012-2017: Associate Professor of Histology & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2006-2012: Lecturer of Histology & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2002-2006: Assistant Lecturer of Histology & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
- Member of Arab American Frontiers in Science, Engineering & Medicine, the National Academies, USA, 2017
- Member of Member of COSIMENA Health Cluster, DAAD Cairo office, 2017
- Member of Leaders in Innovation Fellowship, the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK, 2016
- Member of Member of the Horizon Project Advisory Board, the New Media Consortium (NMC), USA (2012-2014)
- Member of Member of Open ECB Check e learning quality label steering committee since 2012
Zeinab El Maadawi is a professor (on leave) at the faculty of medicine, Cairo University where she works as medical educator, biomedical researcher & e-learning manager. She developed evident experience in international education management in higher education & international development cooperation through multilateral development projects that addressed health education, science communication, e-learning capacity development, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) orientation.
She is passionate about using the added value of emerging technologies to promote access to quality education & learning for all. Her expertise in technology enhanced learning includes e-learning management, instructional design, content development, tutoring of virtual communities & quality management of online environments. She is also interested in new & emerging technologies that are used to link health care delivery, medical education & biomedical research.
She has been featured as a “Techwomen Emerging Leader” by the USA Department of State, an “Arab American Frontiers Fellow” by the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, and a “Leader in Innovation Fellow” by the UK Royal Academy of Engineering.
Currently, she is in charge of conceptualization, organization & management of e-learning strategy at UNU-EHS in addition to research & teaching in the field of educational technologies & management of e-learning-related projects.