UNU-MERIT and the Consortium pour la Recherche Economique et Sociale (CRES) are pleased to invite you to contribute to the International Conference on “Sustainable Growth and Development in Africa”, to be held on 25-26 November 2013, in Dakar, Senegal.
UNU-MERIT and CRES have launched the initiative to establish a new UNU institute in Dakar. The new institute will work on the broad topic of human resources for development in Africa, reflected in the research topics below.
1. Growth, equity and redistribution
2. Sustainable employment and development
3. Governance and evaluation of programs and policies
4. Human capital, population and migration
5. Knowledge, innovation and development
6. Local development, regional integration and globalization
7. Agriculture and structural transformation of African economies
Prof. Luc Soete, Rector Magnificus, Maastricht University
“Reflecting on UNU’s role for African Development”
The conference will present speakers from CRES, UNU-MERIT and other renowned institutions worldwide. For more information, see the conference announcement on the UNU-MERIT website.
Consortium pour la Recherche Economique et Sociale (CRES)
Rue 10 Prolongée. Cité Iba Ndiaye Diadji Numéro 1-2, Dakar