- Personnel Service Agreement (PSA)
- REFERENCE NO.:
- Putrajaya, Malaysia
- UTC +8
- CLOSING DATE:
- Open until position is filled.
Organisational Unit: UNU Centre Administration, Finance
About United Nations University
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars engaged in research, postgraduate teaching, capacity development, and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its member states.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- review Donor Agreement Summaries submitted by offices against donor agreements and ensure that updates in the enterprise resource planing (ERP) system is completed within the KPI
- assist in the preparation of the monthly and annual contribution reports
- analyse and monitor the general ledger (GL) accounts primarily on donor contributions and refunds to donors and ensure that schedules are consistently updated on a timely basis
- prepare the department reports for offices within UNU and identify and resolves issues with accounts and/or transactions in a timely manner
- prepare information required to respond to audit findings and recommendations
- actively contribute to initiatives which improve workflow and streamline financial reporting processes to enhance efficiency and productivity
- prepare budget execution reports, highlighting variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures, and provide advice to the institutes in the review of their budget execution
- contribute to the timely preparation of a variety of reports, including the financial aspects of donor/project reporting and UNU Council reports
- contribute to new ERP module implementation and continuous initiatives on systems enhancement
- provide administrative office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the Finance Unit and perform any other duties as may be assigned
Required qualifications and experience
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university in finance, accounting, or equivalent disciplines with a minimum 5 years of relevant working experience; a post high school certificate or diploma in accounting with at least 7 years of relevant working experience may also suffice
- experience working with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or other international accounting standards is desirable
- good Excel spreadsheet skills and experience in handling ERP systems; knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft is an advantage
- ability to work under minimal supervision and with a high level of resilience
- fluency in both oral and written English is required; knowledge of another UN official language is an asset
- result-oriented, self-motivated, and hands on with the strong ability to establish priorities, multitask, and work within tight timelines
- strong commitment to customer service
Remuneration will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Duration of contract
This is a full-time, fixed term appointment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with possibility for renewal subject to satisfactory work performance and availability of funds. The combined duration of appointments shall not exceed six (6) years.
This is a locally recruited post and no relocation allowances apply. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a staff member as defined in the UN Staff Rules and Regulations.
As soon as possible.