- Personnel Service Agreement
- REFERENCE NO.:
- Putrajaya, Malaysia
- UTC +9
- CLOSING DATE:
- Open until position is filled.
About UN University
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Finance Assistant will perform the following duties:
- perform basic data entry and extraction functions, mainly in payment related activities
- check accuracy of calculations, chartfield codings, data, etc.
- verify supporting documents in preparation of vouchers and/or journals
- assist in performing reconciliation of balances through generation of financial queries
- assist in preparation of monthly schedules and routine reports
- respond to routine inquiries and information request, including drafting routine written responses, or routing to appropriate personnel for handling as required
- review and verify travel claims against UNU Travel Guidelines
- assist Finance Unit in meeting its established Service Level Indicators
- generate reports to produce statistical and/or financial data
- review, record, route and/or process mail or other documents, gather pertinent background material, track and monitor follow-up actions as required
- maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for the Finance Unit
- provide general office support service to help ensure the smooth functioning of the Finance Unit
- perform other duties as assigned
Required qualifications and experience
Required qualifications and experience include:
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university in finance, accounting, or equivalent disciplines
- a diploma in accounting with at least 2 years of relevant working experience; fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply
- proficiency in Microsoft Office
- fluency in both oral and written English is required; knowledge of another UN official language is an asset
- ability to read Japanese language is desired
- results-oriented, self-motivated, and hands on, with the strong ability to establish priorities, multitask and work within tight timelines
Remuneration will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Duration of contract
This is a full-time, one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with possibility for renewal subject to satisfactory work performance and availability of funds. The combined duration of appointments shall not exceed six (6) years.
This is a locally recruited post and no relocation allowances apply. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a staff member as defined in the UN Staff Rules and Regulations.
As soon as possible.