- Keizer Karelplein 19, 6211 TC Maastricht, The Netherlands
- +31(0)43 3884412
Hugo Hollanders is a Senior Researcher at the UNU Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT). Before joining MERIT in 1992, he worked as a researcher at Statistics Netherlands (National Accounts division).
His research interests include growth theory, the measurement of science, technology & innovation, composite indicators, and economics of regional innovation. Current and past research focuses on innovation and S&T statistics.
He is a member of the Netherlands Observatory of Science and Technology (NOWT) and he was part of the EC Expert Group on Innovation in Services. The final report of the Expert Group was published 14 March 2007. He was a member of the expert group for the UK innovation index and of the High-Level Panel on the Measurement of Innovation. He has done consultancy work for the EC, OECD, UNIDO and several national governments.
Current commissioned project work includes the following projects:
- German Innovation Indicator, commissioned by Deutsche Telekom Stiftung and Federation of German Industries (BDI)
- GPrix project (Good Practicies in Innovation Support Measures for SMEs: facilitating transition from the traditional to the knowledge economy), commissioned by the European Commission (7th Framework Programme), DG Research (in collaboration with Rene Wintjes)
- INNO Grips (Analysis of Innovation Drivers and Barriers in Support of Better Policies), commissioned by the European Commission, DG Enterprise (in collaboration with Anthony Arundel, Nordine Es-Sadki and Rene Kemp)
- INNO Metrics, the European Innovation Scoreboard, commissioned by the European Commission, DG Enterprise (in collaboration with Anthony Arundel, Adriana van Cruysen and Nordine Es-Sadki)
- Regional Innovation Monitor, commissioned by the European Commission, DG Enterprise (in collaboration with Rene Wintjes)