The UNU Office of Communications is responsible for the dissemination of information to the media, academia, the UN system and the wider public on the UNU’s research and policy work as a think tank, as well as on its degree programmes and capacity building activities.
The Office of Communications produces and provides print and electronic information material on the work of the UNU and organizes public events. It is responsible for UNU’s website and social media presence.
The Office of Communications handles media management, including issuing press releases, liaising with journalists and scheduling interviews with UNU experts.
The Office of Communications collaborates with a network of communications focal points at the UNU Institutes and Programmes to deliver the following services:
- Media relations: Identifying, packaging and disseminating media-appropriate content and research output (through press releases and media campaigns); monitoring global press coverage; responding to inquiries from journalists; forming partnership agreements with key media bodies; supporting institute media activities.
- Events management: Support with event announcements and registrations; planning for UNU’s presence at relevant major events worldwide.
- Website development: Providing support for system-wide web development; managing website content; developing a publications database and other web-based services.
- Editorial services and publications: Providing writing and editing support for print and web-based materials (including the unu.edu website, web magazines, newsletters, annual reports, strategic plans, brochures and other documents).
- Visual identity: Developing and implementing UNU’s visual identity; designing and producing promotional materials; maintaining style guides; ensuring consistent brand/visual identity of UNU products; providing production support for UNU research publications.
- Video and multimedia services: Providing support for the production of videos, etc. to promote the work of the UNU; utilizing and maintaining online distribution channels (including YouTube and iTunes).