- Personnel Service Agreement
- REFERENCE NO.:
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- CLOSING DATE:
- Open until the position is filled
Organizational Unit: UNU Centre, Administration (Atlas)
United Nations University objectives
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furtherance of the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
UNU uses the ATLAS Peoplesoft enterprise resource planning (ERP) system in partnership with UNDP and other UN agencies in support of its administrative and management functions. The Peoplesoft Functional Specialist is a part of the Administration unit of the UNU Headquarters, and the duty station is located in Kuala Lumpur. We are looking for a high-energy, talented professional who can successfully combine his/her expertise in PeopleSoft with the business acumen and project management skills necessary to drive business process improvement and innovation across UNU.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Administration, the incumbent is responsible for the daily management and providing leadership for the work of the ATLAS ERP system. He/she:
- Defines standards and procedures for validating the integrity and operational viability of existing business processes. Works with the key business owners at the UNU to ensure all associated procedures and documentation are being maintained according to evolving business requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for business improvement changes to processes, systems and structures and makes recommendations on how to best utilize existing applications to accomplish strategic business objectives which result in increased efficiency and effectiveness to the organization. Coordinates activities between substantive departments when necessary to ensure functional requirements are translated to systems and resulting changes are managed.
- Undertakes solutions scoping, requirements analysis, gap analysis, feasibility, functional design, application configuration, integration testing, user acceptance testing, production deployment, support and training for roll-out of new modules or enhancements.
- Performs troubleshooting of functional issues; determines if functional requirements are met and develops action plan to correct deficiencies; supports UNU during change over and transition to PeopleSoft 9.2.
- Investigates reported application problems and works with the technical specialist to test, diagnose and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommends workarounds where appropriate.
- Acts as the focal point of contact with UNDP Office of Information Systems & Technology (OIST) and represents the UNU during meetings on ATLAS matters.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in information technology, business administration or a related field.
- At least seven years of professional experience in business applications and implementing Peoplesoft ERP applications in either financials or supply chain.
- Experience with implementation/upgrade of PeopleSoft 9.2 is preferred.
- Effective time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities; ability to work independently and effectively at all levels of a collaborative team environment.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Exceptional communication skills with fluency in both oral and written English. Working knowledge of other United Nations official language would be advantageous.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and level of responsibilities.
Duration of contract
This is a full-time position on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU, with the possibility for renewal subject to requirements and satisfactory work performance, with the combined duration of appointments not exceeding six (6) years.
The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations. UNU does not sponsor a working visa for this position.
Applications from suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged.
As soon as possible.